fredag 16 september 2011

Friendships and Email conversation

I don't think the author have made some kind of research or spent so much energy of studing the language of teenagers today. Or maybe, The author have choose this kind of old-fashioned language to make it all more serious. It’s a serious situation, therefor this kind of language. Why I think it’s so old fashioned is because of the fact that it’s no kind of “slang” words, except “fag” one of the “big boys” yells at him in the “fight”, in the text. 
I think the language, both form Ursula and Math are a little bit to “beautiful” written and it’s all very vocabulary. So, I don’t  get  the feeling  that these teenagers are about the same age as me. Because, I don’t think this is different in the U.S, like the American kids would be like more educated than Swedish teenagers. Instead I think it is the opposite! Haha, maybe because I, myself, is a Swedish teenager.
When I read Maths and Ursulas email/chatt conversation I find myself in this opinion. Very beautiful  vritten and almost no slang words. I prefer this instedt of all all the modern American slang I don’t know about. 
When I read Maths last letters to Ursula I understood all of maths behavior and actions. He tells Ursula his deepest thoughts and that’s very brave and very emotionaly scene I think. The boy who all people hated and avoid shows he’s feelings for a person in a kind of same situation and they both understand. Maybe Ursula don’t have the same cabability as Math to write down her thoughts, But I think Ursula maybe feel that Math puts down her words to. Like Math says the unspoken words both for himself and for “Ugly girl”.

1 kommentar:

  1. Very good thoughts on both language and Matt's behaviour. I like the idea that Matt speaks for both of them; great thinking! ;)

    SvaraRadera