lördag 10 september 2011

Big mouth takes a break.

In the beginning of the story, as I wrote about in my first post, Math was a positive person and a guy who always thought the best of everything and everyone. But, who can survive this kind of accusation in a good mood?


When the "bomb threat case" was over for the cops was this just the beginning for Math. In school, his so called "friends" stopped talking to him, no one spoke to him at all in fact. I don’t think it was because they were afraid that Math would bomb them, they were ashamed! They were not ashamed of their friendship with Math or something like that, they were ashamed for their own behaviour when Math needed his friends the most. That's my thought anyway. 

At this point, when no one cared about Math he started to harden! His attitude to the teacher was no longer the happy, funny Math. It was a bitter, aggressive and a totally new Math. I think this attitude appears because of his loneliness and he's helpless situation. I understand Maths anger and I feel for him. I would probably develop the same sort of behaviour if I was in that kind of situation.

Ursula, who I just thought was a heartless bitch shows a caring side of herself. I think accualy Ursula is the one who make the school and the cops to stop this false accusation. Ursula make a really stupid desition when she's trying to help Math I think. She can be put in registers but despite that, Ursula, who don’t even know Math in fact, takes a fight for him.

Like Lisa wrote, "That you should think about who your real friends are." I also think that’s a hidden message from the author and it is a little bit of the books purpose, to get people to think about false and real friendship. Something like "how do you know who your real friends are and are you so sure about that?".  Sometimes you’re friends appear were you at last expect them to be. To think of, The first impression you get of a human is necessary not the right one.  





1 kommentar:

  1. You are absolutely right - it takes a "real" situation to get to know people better. I also agree with you on what kind of changes we see in Matt's personality.

    SvaraRadera